- VOC free and low VOC paints will be used as standard unless otherwise specified to minimise environmental impact.
- Dust is minimised through Class M dustless sanding.
- Actively promoting the benefits of bio based and natural mineral paints from reputable brands. Conventional household paints have been linked to health conditions such as asthma and cancer, so we strive to source the most effective and least harmful alternatives for our clients. (e.g. Bio-paints and mineral products)
- To further improve our impact on the environment, we will be teaming up with public institutions and like minded companies to plant trees in Ireland. Each mature tree will supply enough oxygen for four people per day.
- We will only plant indigenous Irish trees.
Note on VOC'S
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids. VOCs include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short- and long-term adverse health effects.
- Concentrations of many VOCs are consistently higher indoors (up to ten times higher) than outdoors. VOCs are emitted by a wide array of decorating products.
- Health effects may include:
- Eye, nose and throat irritation
- Headaches, loss of coordination and nausea
- Damage to liver, kidney and central nervous system
- Some organics can cause cancer in animals, some are suspected or known to cause cancer in humans.
- conjunctival irritation
- nose and throat discomfort
- allergic skin reaction
- declines in serum cholinesterase levels